Thursday, April 2, 2009

Children's Museum

On Tuesday the kids and I went to the Children's museum in St. Paul. From the number of people there, I SWEAR, you would have thought it was Saturday. I think the weather and spring break for some schools pulled the people to the museum. The kids really don't mind the crowds, but it's much harder to keep track of 2 small kids. I thought that Will would just follow Katie around most of the time. NO WAY! They each wanted to do different things that seemed to be on the opposite sides of the rooms. So I stayed with Will and told Katie that she could go explore on her own - but don't go to a different floor, and check back with me in about 15 minutes. (Like she knows what 15 minutes is.) So every so often I would pick Will up - usually kicking - and go on a hunt for Katie. Obviously, we found her each time, but there were moments where my heart sped up much faster because it seemed that she was no where to be seen. I think when we go back next year (yes, it will take a year to work up the ambition to do that again) it may be better cuz Will will be 2 1/2....either that or it will be much worse. :)


The special exhibit this time was "Clifford." Will worked up the courage to go touch him after about 10 minutes.

Katie working in the kitchen - that yellow thing is suppsed to be bread...I think.


Will finally got to use the broom after some other kids had been hogging it.


And really the only time they spent together...lunch. Katie painted her face...you like?


On another note, I heard from my sister-in-law, yesterday...the one expecting the twins. No - there aren't any babies yet, but she did go to the dr. and they are estimating that baby A - the boy, weighs 5 pounds, 5 ounces. And baby B - the girl, weighs 5 pounds, 1 ounce. Yes, she is having one of each which, I think is good because then we won't get them mixed up....well, at least the odds are in our favor.


And finally - that brings us to the question of the week. Boy the weeks go fast, don't they? Maybe I should have a question every OTHER week. :) I had a suggested question that I will use this week.


How do you define love?

7 comments:

Deb said...

"Well, when you love somebody, like....you can just run over to them and give them a hug." Said Katie. I then pressed her for more...and she told me that I should go think of one by myself.

Ok - so initially I thought about love being the feeling you have of putting someone else's feelings before your own. Caring more about how they feel than how you feel.

Deb said...

Oh yeah, and Will said "ah ya ya ya sogobrgpht."

Anonymous said...

I'd say any trip to the museum that you came home with the same kids you left with would be a success.
I'm working on my definition of love - good old Father Slepeika (however his name was/is spelled) in 12 grade religion said love is an act of the will. I like that one, but I love ice creams and walks and stuff too.
M.

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I tried to take Mary's walk, thinking to myself that I love beer, ice cream, chips and salsa ... if that's the case, then it's something that brings me joy.

When it comes to people, I love those who genuinely make me smile. So yeah - that's a lot of people, but you get the point.

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

"I tried to take Mary's walk ..." I need a break today - what i meant was, I tried to take Mary's line of thinking.

Sigh.

Heather said...

that museum is so much fun, when we visited there, Alicia just loved the kitchen-supermarket area too. I think she spent like an hour there. Great trip for the kids! looks like you had some good fun!

Anonymous said...

Taking Mary's walk is a good thing. She and Gracie had a good - mostly on leash - walk yesterday. Maybe today too?