Friday, April 24, 2009

Raining babies...

Tis the season, I guess. Everyone and their sister is having a baby lately. :) I have to take a minute to send a little congratulations to Nick and Tina Jolin - cousins on John's side. They just had a baby boy, yesterday I believe. (Facebook is a wonderful thing.) I've seen more pictures of their little Luke than I have of the twins! :) Big sister Jenna (who is Katie's age) and big sister Natalie look like they are going to be great helpers.

Also - I thought you would enjoy hearing about a friend of mine up here who had a baby on Wednesday morning. She decided to have a home birth. They are gaining popularity in the area, and I have to be honest, if we ever decided to have another one, I think this is the way I would want to go. (Don't hyperventilate Mom.)

This was her second pregnancy and she had midwives come to her home and had even set up her own birthing tub. Anyway - she ended up having - after 7 hours of drug free labor - a baby boy...a 10 pound, 12 ounce baby boy. Holy Moly. Also - the baby was born face up which makes labor a bit more difficult. He was 22 inches long with a 15 inch head. I'll let that sink in for a moment. :) The funny thing was that this mom was doing status updates on her Facebook page during labor. :)

After Will was born a nurse told John that any baby born with a head over 14 inches meant that the mother deserved something with diamonds. Will's head was a bit over 14 inches. :)


Congrats to all the new moms.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

The world can't be that bad of a place if people just keep on making new people :). Congratulations on the new niece and nephew!