Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Just voted!

We just got back from voting!  John voted before work this morning.  (I know because I saw his name on the sign in sheet!)  We've been talking a lot about this particular election in our house because the kids are getting older and know the names of lots of the people on the ballot. 

We also have 2 amendment issues on the ballot in MN this year - one concerning a voter ID and the other is a definition of marriage.  We have been strongly against both in our house this election season - even going as far as putting a "Vote No - Don't Limit the Freedom to Marry" sign in our front yard, which we had never done before.

As I was filling out my ballot, I was holding Will up so that he could see too.  When I got the amendment section, I filled in the "No" circle. 

Then, Will (being Will) shouted SUPER LOUD "YAY!  You voted NO!"  We got lots of smiles, laughs and encouraging looks so hopefully that is an indicator of others' feelings as well. 

No comments: