Thursday, November 1, 2012

Post Halloween post



The kids had a fun time trick-or-treating.  John even scored a beer at a neighbor's house.  All in all it was a good night, not too cold, no wind, and our light was off at 8:30. 

We have to go to the grocery store today for potatoes, orange juice and milk.  I told Will that we could check on the clearanced Halloween costumes in hopes of finding a bigger Batman suit. 

I got a call from one of the shelters last night and we are all approved and ready to go!  If we select a "bully" breed then there are a few extra steps that we have to go through.  She did tell me (on the down low) that there are some pretty cute puppies being put online in the next week or so.  They are currently being weaned from mom.  The mom's name is Magic and she is a small black lab mix (about 30 pounds).  The previous owners didn't know she was pregnant when they had to put her in the shelter's foster program and they don't know who the father is.  So they don't know EXACTLY how big the puppies will grow to be, but that's a risk with all shelter animals.  I did see pictures of Magic, and oh my....she is gorgeous and sounds so sweet. 

I got an e-mail this morning telling me that the foster mom who is taking care of Magic will contact me when the puppies are ready and we can have first choice and go see them.  So, we may be getting closer....just in time to go for walk, upon walk upon walk in the cold November wind.  :) 

Who knows, maybe we'll have a new member to celebrate my birthday with.

Maybe that means we'll be getting take-out for my birthday instead of leaving to go to a restaurant....

1 comment:

Deb said...

Dark Knight costume found. The extra bonus??? It was $7.00 marked down from $20.00.