Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Our bathroom

We are painting our bathroom!  John has been suggesting we should paint it for a while now, but it's been easy to put off.  We finally decided to just go ahead with it, so we both picked colors we liked.  We soon found that they were very different colors, and neither side was budging.


We agreed that we would paint the cupboards and wood trim black (actually it's not quite black....but almost.), and here is a sample door up against the two paint choices.  The one on the left is called "dill pickle"...the one on the right is called "sweet honeydew melon".  It looks white in the picture, but it has a light green tint to it.  Should I tell you which one is John's favorite and which one is mine so you can vote?  We seriously thought about that.....but then I caved and let John have his "sweet honeydew melon" bathroom.  The color is growing on me. 

Plus, John said I could have my way in the bedroom (well, that doesn't sound good on a family blog....)  I MEAN, I could could have the color I want in there, since we didn't agree on that either!  I have most of the walls painted in the bathroom - it's taken 2-3 coats because of the deep brown color it was before.  John has started sanding all the cupboard doors and will work on painting them 2 coats of almost-black.  Then we have to get a new light, new light switch/plug-in plates and new fixtures.

I will post pictures of the result soon.

No comments: