Saturday, March 7, 2009

Don't forget about your clocks...

First of all - don't forget to turn your clocks ahead tonight...at least for those of you that have to do that sort of thing.


Last fall I went to a neighborhood grocery store re-opening and won a $25 gift certificate from a local nail salon. It expires next weekend, so I took advantage of it today. I didn't have enough to get a manicure AND a pedicure and if I just got one of those services I would have an odd $ amount left over. So I decided it was time for some girl bonding with Katie. (Like we don't do enough of that anyway.) She got her nails professionally painted for $5...and got a cute little flower painted on each thumb. She picked orange for her nail color and looks very pretty. I picked a bright pick, but it looks like Katie's color in the picture.


Will heard the words 'paint fingernails' today and got excited because we actually DID paint yesterday. I got out our finger paints and he tested them out for the first time. Neither he nor Katie opted to really use their fingers, so they stuck with the brushes. He only tried to eat the paint once or twice.


When Katie got home today she made herself a snack. She had seen a recipe on Disney somewhere that she just HAD to make. First you take a bun...(we didn't have the right kind, so I got her talked into a piece of bread)....you stick a half of a banana on the bread....then smother it in peanut butter and jelly. Enjoy! It's sort of like a banana taco. She made the whole thing herself and ate it completely. She said she is going to write the recipe down for Grandma Mary and Grandma Lyla.


And finally - I've been meaning to get this on here. One morning last week, Katie decided that it was time to write out the invitations for her birthday party. You know, she only has 3 months to go - why wait till the last minute? This was her first invitation...written on a thank you card. :) I helped her spell some words, but the phrasing was all hers....as was the yes/no boxes. :)


Currently, the invite list is at 11....personally, I think that's too many kids! I'm trying to narrow if down to 7...but try convincing Katie of that idea. You know when people are inviting friends and family to a wedding...not everyone is going to show up. You figure, what...75%?? Do you think the same would apply to birthday parties? Could I send them out in waves two weeks prior to the party? I think I may have a first string and second string invite list. :)

I think I am more nervous for this 2 hour birthday party than I was planning our wedding reception. These kids are gonna want more than music and cake.

3 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Just get a clown. ;-p Or not.

Tell Katie that she needs to start writing for my cooking blog. :) And let me know if you need any help with party plans! I'll probably have a ton of leftover napkins.

Deb said...

Hey - never thought about the napkins...that'd be a good idea. Are you offering to be a clown? :)

Anonymous said...

Lookes like Betty the fish would like a bite of Katie's sandwich! I might have to try that sounds kinda good.

Denise