Thursday, March 19, 2009

Question of the week....

This week...I have a few more questions for you. Besides the posted question, I have added a couple polls to the page. As some of you may know, the Hanson family is going to grow by two very soon. Jeff and Erica are expecting twins. So far, we know it's a boy and a girl...but we have no names yet. We don't even have 'ideas' of names...so I thought I would throw a few out there and see what sticks.

You ask, "Do you have the right to name these babies?" Well. No. But someone should come up with some ideas. I don't think Jeff and Erica read me - though I have invited them several times. ARE YOU OUT THERE?? :) So I figure we'll narrow it down to a few and provide them with the approved options. :)
Now, I DID put some thought into this. Take the boy names, for example. I like the name Nick...they already have a Joe and Kevin. If we had a Nick...all Jonas brothers would be covered.
For a while the joke was that the family already has a Donnie, Joey, John, and Jordan...we almost have all the new kids on the block. I found the missing New Kids' name...it's Danny. I don't think having a Donnie and Danny in one family is a good idea. We tend to mix up kids.

The middle name for the boy came from my mom's brother who died about 25 years ago. It's a nice sounding middle name - goes with lots of things.
The girls...well, I like all these names. Plus I thought if the girl's name started with "E" and the boy's name started with "J" - that could be a tribute to their parents. The middle name is my mom's middle name...again - it's pretty and goes with lots of options. I like "Anna" for a middle name....it's also Dad's sister who died when she was 7....but Erica's sister is named Ann and I got that idea shot down right away. :)
If you don't like ANY of these that I have thrown out there...PLEASE toss your own ideas into the ring. :) If it turns out that Erica has triplets instead of twins - (maybe they missed one!), the winners of the name contest get to split the extra baby.


Ok - now for the question of the week.....
What would you send in a care package to a homesick friend spending six months abroad?

11 comments:

Deb said...

I would cram as much stuff into a package as I could. I would send pictures of as many people they knew...newspaper and magazine clippings that are funny or weird to make them laugh...some food from home that wouldn't turn green on the way there...and if they had the means to watch it - maybe a video letter of some type...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Wally will vote for Bruce Wayne (for obvious reasons) and I'm sure Sarah's vote will get Nick (again for OBVIOUS reasons!) I was trying to think of a first name that would go with Anna and use Anna for the second name...any ideas???? By the way, I don't want to win this contest!!! I have Wally and Sarah that is by far enough!! Besides I already one a contest at Fareway -- I won a Richard Petty Driving Experience valued at $800 -- now who will get to use it??? I think we will probably do this at the IA speedway as that seems to be the only one to work into the schedule.

Denise

Anonymous said...

I would send lots of pictures to cheer them up.... and plenty of candy as well, it holds up well during shipping, and who doesn't smile when they are consuming sugar... it is the original comfort food :)!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

for the boy - TOTALLY NICK! haha & as for the care package, i would send some pictures & tons of random stuff

sarah

Anonymous said...

My comment is baby names == what about Edward and Bella?????

Denise

Anonymous said...

well I would send as much as I could, pictures, candies, newspapers, and other things to make them laugh and remember home. as for the names: I like Jessica Marlene for the girl and the boy Ethan Wayne, I just like them not sure why they just came to me. and as you can see they begin with J and E. and if there is another one out there I will turn it down and give to the next closest winner, hahaha.

Janet

Deb said...

Ohhh.....I like Edward and Bella...(from the Twilight saga) I also like Jessica...I never thought of that one. Jessie, jess, that could be cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Combinations of the grandparents' names might be nice... give the kids a sense of where they came from.... 'course, it depends on how often they repeat in the family, too... don't want to end up like we did with whole slews of James-es, Johns, etc etc. either.


any idea of what Jeff & Erica are thinking?


Jim

Anonymous said...

oh, and the care package should have a 'pick your six' of Spring Grove pop.

J

Deb said...

I like names with some family history too. Nice to have a story to go with the name. As far as what J & E are thinking...well, clearly they AREN'T. :) At least not of names anyway.

Anonymous said...

Another idea for a girl name that came to me last night is Jani and you could still use marlene. Jani was grandma hanson's sister. You probably don't remember her deb I think she died before you were born. I don't think she spelled it that way though...have to ask Carol.

Denise