Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Waterpark Fun

Last Wednesday we headed down to Owatonna for a couple days of family time. We stayed at a hotel that had a small waterpark - just our speed actually. Well...to be honest, I think we could have used a bigger swimming area, like for laps and such, but overall it was fine.

We arrived at the hotel, got acquainted with our room and then headed down for some swim time. It had been a while since Will went swimming - other than the kiddie pool in our yard...let's see if I remember the last time...ummm.....we went swimming last 4th of July weekend. That would probably be it. Ooops, no it isn't. We did go swimming in Waukon the weekend of Will's 1st birthday, but it was so cold we weren't really in the water for more than 20 minutes. (Can you believe it was too cold for swimming in mid July in Iowa?)

Wet and happy...

Will had no fear with the water. He was quite the dare devil. They had a kiddie slide that he loved right away, and that Katie finally grew comfortable with. He didn't like to be held on to - wanted to just go by himself. It was really all about Daddy...generally, EVERYTHING is all about Daddy these days for Will. I haven't developed a complex about it...yet.

Katie going down the slide. Note Will waiting his turn behind her.

And here comes Willie! FYI: He is giggling.

Katie was excited to get to share a room with Will. She slept on a pull out couch, and he slept in a hotel crib. We were in an adjoining room. They didn't sleep TOO bad at night, although neither one took naps for 2 days. I always tell myself..."It could be worse." Heck, it HAS been worse. :)

Check out the attitude.

Swimming? Piece of cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, both of them are sporting the attitude, I love it, I am laughing, they are growing up so fast, Katie reminds me alot of Sarah, (yes that is right, they way she is posing with the attitude) I love it, hahahaha.

and thanks for the B-Day wishes Denise and Deb, and I will let Jordan know about the card, thanks again, and love the pics.
Janet

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, they both look so happy! Will looks so much older than the last time I saw him, losing more and more of the baby look and looking like a true toddler :)! Say hello to the kids!

Love,
Jamie