Monday, March 2, 2009

My kind of Saturday...

What do you get when you take a burnt out mom and mix her with a husband willing to do anything? You get my kind of Saturday.

I'd been feeling a bit out of sorts the last few days - just tired and having a child overload. So I took off to run some errands Saturday morning while John stayed home with the kids. I went to the mall and unexpectedly found two pairs of jeans! "Jeans," you say - "so what?" I don't think you understand....I have been on a quest for the last few months to find new jeans. I thought I had looked everywhere. The jeans I had been wearing were 8 year old hand me downs and had holes so big in the knees, it was really getting to be a problem.

So in Old Navy I found jeans that fit...and were the right size right away. Wanna hear the kicker? They were $19. I don't care who you are...that's a good day right there. I also found some little Easter gifts for the kids and a new blow dryer - since I burned mine up putting plastic on the windows last fall. I came home after lunch to find the kids already down for naps. And John handled most of the discipline this weekend too. It was nice...

Oh, did I forget to mention that he swept the floor, emptied the dishwasher, AND cleaned the basement?

Stay tuned for a post about how Katie managed to rack up $13.46 in charges on the iPod....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the Ipod story!!! Sarah has been pretty good about not doing that so need to know the secret there to watch for.....

Good job John :) Scored major brownie points!!!

Denise

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I can't wait to hear the Katie story, especially to see what songs she downloaded - hopefully they won't all be Hannah Montana. :)

YAY for John. :)

Anonymous said...

Well good for John. Too.