Friday, January 22, 2010

7 Years

Today isn't a Friday Funny post, instead it's our anniversary. And while I could use this time to crack a joke or make a funny comment about marriage, I won't. Today we celebrate 7 years of marriage, and to me, that's a big number.

Some of you readers may have been married 20+ years and you laugh at the thought that 7 years is a long time. Well, you gotta start somewhere, every year is important. And I know in my soul that we'll be celebrating 20+ years as well, just not yet. :)

These days it seems that 7 years of marriage isn't as common as it used to be so I'm proud of us and our family. We've both had great examples to follow in our families.

So today we'll probably break out the wedding video and wish that we were on the beach in Key West again. We'll have crab legs for supper and I'll make Key Lime Pie for dessert. And it will be the perfect way to celebrate 7 wonderful years. I couldn't imagine spending it with anyone else.


Fort Zachary in Key West


Outside Kelly's (restaurant) - after supper
BTW...I'm so proud of my $200 dress. It was a steal!



5 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Congrats, you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!!! You guys should be an example for many. So proud of all you have accomplished. (Of course I'm talking about Will and Katie!!!!!!!!!!) lol lol. Have a great day. Grandma L.

Anonymous said...

Congrats and I'm sure you will be at 26 years before you know it because it doesn't seem that long ago that we were married! There is always bumps in the road but that is what makes you stronger and also to make you appreciate what you have! I could not imagine being alone and dating these days... would be weirder than being married for 26 yrs!

Enjoy your supper!

Denise

Anonymous said...

Good for you all.

M.

Heather said...

happy anniversary!