Monday, January 11, 2010

January Thaw

It's above zero today for the first time in quite awhile. This week is actually supposed to get close to 30 so maybe it's time to break out the shorts.

It was a pretty quiet weekend here. Didn't do much or get much accomplished, but that can be good too. Will wore underwear yesterday for awhile...I think we made it 30-40 minutes before he wet himself this time. Last time we tried them he only went about 15 minutes. It's clear to me that he isn't ready yet; completely lacking the muscle control to 'hold it in'. Hopefully we'll get somewhere with it this spring/summer. ( I offered him a little garbage can to pee into and he was totally against that idea. )

Katie is in school today. I'm volunteering with her class on Thursday. I told Katie I was excited to meet her friends. She said that she'd rather I didn't tell anyone I was her mom cuz that would be too embarrassing. Yes, she's still only 5.

So I figure I'm gonna give her a big old kiss in front of everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Zorba on WPR was asked advice on TT. He said to put the 'potty' in the living room and use it as a chair - the kid in question does this... apparently in the nude on the bottom - because whenever the kid deposits anything in the potty, you give him an M & M. At least that's what I think he said.

M.