Sunday, January 3, 2010

CEDAR RAPIDS — The buzzer rang, and the Waukon Indians stripped.

Off came the black uniform tops. Revealed were white tank tops. (Which they had made to surprise Coach Klinge)

On the front: “939 WINS.”

On the back: “CONGRATS COACH.”

Gene Klinge became the winningest girls’ basketball coach in state history after Waukon defeated MFL MarMac, 48-38, last night as part of Rivalry Saturday at the U.S. Cellular Center.



Congratulations to Gene Klinge and ALL the girls on Waukon's basketball team. (Especially Sarah!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not believe when I read on the internet last night "the Indians stripped" I thought WHAT!!!! then as I read on I thought cool...they made their own shirts. good job Sarah, you are officially a part of a part of history...I bet it feels great, and I can honestly say, I graduated from Waukon Senior High. Thanks for that Coach Klinge and Indians. yay!!!

great picture Deb,
Love,
Janet

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Yeah - I kind of stuttered when I saw "stripped." But yay! It was for a good cause.

Congrats Sarah!