Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Will's Gym Class

Last week Will started attending a child gym class. Katie used to attend these classes when she was younger. I won 4 free weeks of classes for Will in a drawing held last year and I've finally made time for it. (I also won 4 weeks of kickboxing classes for myself...we'll see if I ever make time for that!)

Anyway, on Thursday morning now Will goes to "Gym Class". Last week as we were going to class he said that Grandma Mary would be there too. What?? If finally dawned on me that he is thinking "Jim Class" as in Uncle Jim. After the initial disappointment, he recovered and had a good time.

I started taking Katie to this class when she was about 10 months so that she could play with other kids her age. She really had a hard time adjusting to other kids. Usually she was afraid of them. By the time we stopped going she was over 3 and could have taught the class herself. Will doesn't need the socialization, he gets enough of that through our other commitments. I'm hoping that these classes will help him with listening and following directions. (I can hope.) I plan on continuing these classes probably through the next 3-4 months. Once it gets warm outside I think we can find other stuff to do. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of Will in class soon.

2 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Awww ... Jim Class. That is so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

"listening and following directions" ?

good thing it *isn't* "Jim class"


Jim