Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011.  New year, odd number.  I read something interesting earlier today.  Today is 1/1/11.....in 10 days it will be 1/11/11....in 10 months it will be 11/1/11....and 10 days from that 11/11/11.  Lots of 1's....many opportunities for wishes this year.

Gotta go put the meatloaf in the oven.

Ok, done.  On my way over to the oven I noticed I only got halfway through emptying the dishwasher - so this will have to be a short post.

John took off all this week and we've been having fun doing things together with the kids.  Since Katie's off too - we've been able to spend lots of time together.  Let's see....Wednesday we all went to Pump It Up - an inflatable play place inside a warehouse.  Thursday we spent the afternoon swimming at the rec center.  Friday we all went and had lunch at Culver's.  Today is Saturday - sure doesn't feel like a Saturday.  John and I did stay up til midnight last night - we mainly watched CNN - Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin hosted the ball drop.  Geez, it was funny - and I usually don't like Kathy Griffin.  It was hilarious - she was trying to get Cooper to swear, telling all these inappropriate stories, yelling at the crowd, etc.  Maybe it was only funny cuz I was 3 beers in.....

With everyone home this week the house is in disarray, but it'll get picked up sooner or later.  The kitchen floor should be washed too...I bet I'd feel darn good if I got that done yet today.  I could treat myself to....something....not sure what yet.

No comments: