Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's me again.

I made a phone call today that really made me feel a whole lot better.  I called the mother's son and told him that I didn't feel comfortable driving his mom to appointments at the U.  There are so many things that make me nervous about doing that I don't know where to begin.  It wasn't in the initial conversation about the job.  He was very understanding and said that he and his mother agreed to use the facility's services for transportation to appointments.

One other thing....since I had met this woman yesterday afternoon, she had called me 4 times before noon today.  Her son also agreed that that was inappropriate and wouldn't happen again.  I mean a phone call now and then is one thing, but c'mon.  John doesn't even call me that much. :)

I am going to see her tomorrow morning before her appointment because I have pills to drop off for her that she needed me to pick up and we'll go from there.  I feel a lot better about this now.  I don't want to NOT do this job - especially since I've already worked the extra $ into my budget.  :)

Maybe it's just been a hard, busy week.  There is a lot of crap going on right now and it all seems to be snowballing this week.  Play practices, school, preschool, girl scouts, yoga, church class, reading groups, other volunteer stuff - all happening this week and next, and John's been working 12-15 hour days for 11 days straight and still has another week ahead of him.  Plus, and probably worst of all, I had a haircut today.  Good, I needed one - BUT the lady pretty much gave me BANGS.  I didn't have bangs, nor did I want them back, but now I seem to have them again since she chopped off inches and inches of my hair that I wasn't ready for.  The magical thing about hair is that it has a way of growing back - so it'll be ok, just not today.

And did I mention it's snowing....again?  There's another crappy 12 inch plow pile that has to be shoveled before we head out to girl scouts tonight.  I think I'm having some winter-blahs.  Maybe it's time to start regularly taking my vitamin D pills again...I think I'm low on sunshine.  Also - it really helps to just complain a bit every now and then. 

I'll end on a good note - we had play practice last night til 9.  They were working on the scene where Dorothy and Toto get carried off by the flying monkeys.  Katie did SOOO great with all her barks and growls and she literally gets CARRIED off by two little female flying monkeys.  I hope to God they don't drop her!  It's just too cute.....next practice I VOW to take some pictures.

No comments: