Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We're off to see the Wizard

My Katie is Toto!!!

A little background -
Every year, our church does a musical to help raise money for their summer mission trips.  Usually there is a trip to El Salvador, and a handful in the states.  This year, they are doing The Wizard of Oz.  I figured Katie was old enough to participate this year and I'd had a few people at church urge me to let her do it.  Believe me, she was gung ho. 

Given the parts, I figured they'd cast her as a munchkin or flying monkey.  I found out at the sing-through on tonight that she is Toto!  They have a cute little puppy costume for her and everything.  She is pretty excited and eager to be a big part of the show - and not have to memorize any lines.....well, besides "Arf, arf" and maybe an occasional growl.  Plus she should still get to sing, which is what she really wanted to do.

Rehearsals start on Sunday, a couple times a week - and the shows are at the end of February. 

Can I be honest for a minute?  I"M SO DARN PROUD OF HER!  And I am SOOO excited to see the show progress and rehearse and everything!  I'm tying to be calm, cool, and collected around Katie, but I am BEAMING!!!!  I mean, the munchkins and little parts here and there are in a few scenes, and Katie would have been happy with anything....but the fact that they believe she can be such a responsible kid with such a big part in the show, and not even split it between kids - I'm SOOOOO happy.  It's the closest thing I'll ever be to a "stage mom".  I'll try to reign myself in a bit, but to you all I'm gonna let it ALLL out!!  I'm so excited for her to get to experience the rush of really "putting on a show".  The lights, the make-up, costumes, sets, the applause....ugh.  It's gonna be so good for her self esteem and confidence.  And she'll get to know so many other people at church too.  I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Katie, we at the Mezera household are all very proud of you, I hope your mom tapes a rehearsal so I can see it....I am excited for you BOTH.....break a leg,

love ya,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Grandma always thought you were awesome!!! Can't wait to see Mom's tape of practice.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Katie; that is SO cool!

Jamie