Tuesday, January 22, 2013

10 years!

Today marks 10 years that John and I have been married.  If there's such a thing as the 7 year itch, it must have been scratched by now.  According to the "taditional" gift rules, this year is tin/aluminum.  Hmmm....a can of pop/beer?  I have that on hand.

The "modern" gift is diamonds.  They make their appearance at 30 and 60 years as well.  Diamonds for 10 years already?  Maybe not enough people were making it to 30 or 60.  Next year is marked as "fashion jewelry."  That, to me says costume jewelry.  Who wants that after a year of getting diamonds? :)

We don't have anything going on tonight to celebrate.  I was thinking of making our traditional key lime pie, but Katie is home with a cough and it's so cold that the idea of going to the store to get a can of condensed milk seems silly.

Wait....

I just had a flash moment....checked to cupboard and there it is.  A can of condensed milk.  Now I remember...I was making some thing spur of the moment and at the store I couldn't remember if it called for condensed or evaporated milk, so I got one can of each. :)  Obviously I had used the evaporated milk and now have a can of condensed milk.  So that's it, if I can manage to make my own grahm cracker crust I'm all set.  I even have whip cream, and of course lime juice from Key West.  It's expired according to the date, but hell - it's lime juice. 

We usually have a special supper too like crab, but I'm not feeling it this year, not in the mood for crab.  (Katie is, however.)  So I will have to root around in the freezer a bit more to save another trip to the store.  Can't be too complicated though because Hans has puppy play time tonight. 

It seems I've posted and re-posted the same pictures.  If you really want to see them, go here.  After 10 years I've already picked the ones I liked, and going back through them I remember why I didn't like others.  The high today in Key West is 75.  Just about exactly what it was 10 years ago.  That year was bitterly cold in the midwest as well.  Made it cold all over.  The few days we spent in Miami before driving south it was 50!  And we came home a week later to over 15 inches of snow.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats

Joe

Anonymous said...

seems like not that long ago we came up to rochester and watered your flowers while you were at warm places getting hitched...

congratulations!

jim

Drew Kluesner said...

Congrats on the 10 years!