Sunday, January 13, 2013

Knit wit

I went to the knitting class at church last week, and, low and behold, they taught me to knit!  I'm very early on in the whole thing, but I am working on a scarf and it isn't looking to bad.  It doesn't look like it's going to fall apart anyway!

 
 
The yarn and the needles are nice and big - I was told this was easier to learn on.  Plus, you see your progress a lot quicker and something that's motivation that is necessary to continue!  I should be done with this by Thursday and then maybe they can show me if there is anything special that you do to it when you "finish."  I want to make a thicker scarf for myself, some slippers, a hat and mittens.....
 
We had musical rehearsal this afternoon and it was funny because 3 of us "newbie" knitters were knitting together, in awe of the fact that we had actually learned a new trick.  Musical rehearsals are going well.  Katie and I didn't need to be there for the whole time today, but starting on Wednesday night I think it picks up a bit.  I had to sing a little today, but I think we work on my solo Wednesday night.  It's a fun group, and there are lots of new faces in it this year.  Seriously going to be hard to keep a straight face on stage.
 
Will is at a birthday party this afternoon as well.  It was at the nature center - a very fun place to have a party, I would think.  

Oh, and we dressed up the dog.  Because that's what you do when you have a dog.....

 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Hans. But he's loved, that's what counts.

Your knitting is impressive. Pretty color. A real skill. Good luck.

Wish I could here you sing. What's the song about?

M.

Anonymous said...

My first thought also was Poor Hans, but then with Will as your buddy what can you expect??? At least it was batman and not Barbie right?? If he really didn't like it he would let you know I'm sure! Molly was probably in the background laughing and saying glad it is not me!!

Denise