Sunday, January 20, 2013

Brrr!

Wow, it's cold now, especially after a warmer stretch last week.  Taking the dog outside right now is not very appealing.  I think we are going to have to skip our walks tomorrow.  I'll have the 3 year old all day and I can't see dressing her up to tag along. 

I finished knitting my scarf - Katie wore it to school last Friday.  I've started a pattern on a pair of slippers, but have had to re-start it 3 times in order to get the purl stitch right.  I don't think I have the yarn in the right place before I put it around the needles.  I'll get there.  I haven't had time to work on it more than 10-15 minutes.  These slippers are for me, but I'm going to have to put some rubber soles on them or I'm going to get shocked to hell.

Katie and I had play practice this afternoon. She learned some choreography and I worked with my fellow "parents" and our "children" to block our scenes.

 
 
You can't see me...but I'm there.  I'm in the back next to Isaac (in the orange shit).  He's Mike Teavee, me "son."  Laura in the black sweater is "Mrs. Beauregard" and her daughter, "Violet" is there with the purple script.  She's the one who is getting blown up like a blueberry.  Danielle is behind them - she's spoiled, "Veruca Salt."  The other two guys are "Grandpa Joe" and "Charlie."  We are having a VERY good time, lots of laughs.
 
Mary asked about wanting to hear me sing....be careful what you wish for.  The great thing about these songs are that they are more conversation singing, where the words matter more than the harmonies.  Also, the range of notes are not as challenging as in "Annie" that we performed last year.  And we seem to be moving through scenes a bit faster too.  It's early though. 
 
I went to Goodwill last week to do some searching for costumes for Katie and I.  I need something of a "June Cleaver" look and Katie needs to be a drab, dull, poor, towns person.  I found some options for both of us, although Katie's needs some altering.  Luckily because they are supposed to look kind of shabby, I can do it myself.  While I was there I walked though toys and games section because you can't beat prices under $2.00.  I found a game called "Tripoley."
 
Mom, Dad, Denise, Wally, Janet, Jeff or Jeff - do you remember playing this!??!?  When we had it, it was called "Rummy Royal."  It looked like this:
 

 Between John, Katie and I, we've all been winners!  We should bring it back to IA with us next time to play - the more people, the more fun it can be!
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg, yes I do remember that, probably do not remember how to play but will be fun learning again......wish I could see your play, love willy wonka.....


stay warm