Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday, Monday

It's a cold Monday up here, but the sun is shining bright.  I took the dog for our morning walk and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I was pretty bundled though.  I gotta head out with him again in a few minutes because I'm going to be with friends this afternoon for a bit. 

I had a dentist appointment this morning - just a cleaning.  I go every 3 months now, have been for about 2 years.  It's helped me get over my anxiety of going in the first place, and my teeth have improved overall.  I don't mind it - expcept when I do.  There is ONE hygenist who bugs the living crap out of me because she is so brutal and keeps me there for fricking EVER.  She cleans, and picks, and cleans, and picks and stabs, and scrapes and jabs over and over again.  The last 2 times I went I was lucky enough to have 2 other very wonderful hygenists.  They remarked over and over again how well everything was looking, there was hardly any buildup, etc.  I was in and out in no more than 20 minutes. 

Today I had the "other one."  I was in that damn chair for over an hour.  And she made it sound like I was at the end of my rope....things looked grim.  However, there were no cavities and my tissue pockets - which she loves to check with great force were shallow.  She got out the cavitron, which I never have to use when I see anyone else.  A cavitron is a dental tool that uses high frequency sound waves to clean teeth.  It's like little needles jabbing into your gums, which you get used to after a while, but the high pitch sound gives me a headache.  I need to get comforttable with saying "You, know what - I'm done.  I gotta get out of the chair.  This is ridiculous."

I try to look on the bright side, that she probably cleaned my teeth pretty well, but I have a bad feeling that she poked and proded so much that a crown got loosesned.  It just feels extremely weird and I can feel it move more than it should. 

 

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh man! Do you feel comfortable saying you don't want to see that hygienist again? That sounds brutal!

Anonymous said...

wow that sounds like what I go thru.....sorry, :(