Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bittersweet

On Friday I finally sold Katie (and Will's) car seat, bouncy chair, and Baby Bjorn carrier. While I am happy to free up some space in the sun room, happy to have provided a first time mom with some baby essentials, and happy for the $, I have to admit I am REALLY going to miss having those things around. It's like a piece of their lives is suddenly gone and will never be returned. We have turned a corner and can never go back. :( I also sold some more of Katie's clothes last week - don't even get me started on how hard THAT is. I think it would have been easier to sell them if I wasn't doing it 3 years after she wore them. It's a trip down memory lane before I hand them over. But then again...most of her clothes came to me with a story of their own from another family so it's only right that they continue on.

We are saving up for a kids picnic table for the backyard. I have more than enough to get one...now I just play the waiting game on Craigslist and garage sales until I find a used one. I don't want to buy new - it's a matter of principle. :) I am also waiting on a sit and stand stroller because as you know having 3 strollers already isn't enough. :) They all serve their own purpose.

The woman who picked up the baby equipment on Friday was 39 years old and having her first baby. She must have just found out last week she was pregnant because she was only 7 weeks along...and OH SO EXCITED! :) She was having nursery furniture delivered this weekend, and I have gotten 3 emails from her since Friday asking baby related and playgroup related questions. Her and her boyfriend are planning a Florida wedding...on the beach, at sunset. So I felt a bit of a connection with her to say the least. I'm glad I think most of the baby equipment and clothes we have sold so far has gone to good homes. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of Deb here. Wonderful to read.

Mary