Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Janet and Julie!

Holy birthdays Batman! Happy birthday to my big (older) sister Janet. :) And happy birthday to my college roommate Julie! Oh yeah, and Happy St. Paddy's Day to everyone else.
Ok - we went to Springsteen last night. Wow. It was an awesome show, although John insists it would have been even BETTER if they had played one more encore. We didn't get to hear Born in the USA and a couple other show favorites, but all in all it was an EXCELLENT show. John and I got tickets on the aisle - great access to the bathrooms! We thought we would be inundated all night with people getting up and leaving, but we had a terrific row that only did that to us once. We had some difficulty finding food before the show - but finally found a nice little restaurant tucked away with immediate seating. :) Turns out we didn't need to be in such a hurry to eat because the show started an hour late...not sure why such a long delay.
Everything was amazing - Bruce, Max, Steve, Clarence - it was great. At one point I was watching Steven Van Zandt and thinking "Geez, Silvio - I can't believe you shot Aidriana!!"
We got home about midnight - all kids asleep...for the moment. Mom said everything went very well, and so far I have heard no complaints from Katie. Will was a pistol to get to sleep - this being the first time he hasn't nursed to sleep at night. He made up for the loss because he woke up about 12:30 and every hour after that to nurse. :)

2 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time at Springsteen. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the birthday wish, when you said older sister, I told everyone at work today that now I am legal to drink 21 again. so guess what that makes me younger than you. lol. glad to hear you and John had a good time, I am sure that mom had fun too. glad to hear that Will missed his mommy.
Jordan and I thank you for the b-day wishes.

see you in about 3 weeks or so.
Love, Janet