Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Easter Bunny

I know it's a little early, but we went to see the Easter Bunny today. I was at the mall anyway and I thought we would see him while we were there cuz we may not make it back before the holiday. Will really didn't seem to care either way, although he WAS interested in him, but certainly not afraid. I'm sure he thought, "Heck, I could take this guy." Katie of course was VERY excited.


We had to go to the mall so that I could get to the eye dr. Last night my contact was giving me fits and had somehow managed to get itself off to the side in my eye so far so that I couldn't see it anymore. Finally after fidgeting for about 20 minutes I was able to pull it back out. I figured then that my 2 week disposable contact that I made last 9 months...was probably due to be changed. So I went and had an eye exam and got some new ones. And these are meant to be slept in as well!

We also had Katie's school conference this afternoon with her teacher, Ms. Laurie. This conference was to cover the 'academic' sides of preschool. As we had anticipated, it went very well. She said that Katie could recognize all of the capital letters in the alphabet and all the lower case letters that she asked. Then she went on to ask her a few sounds that the letters made and she said she knew those as well. (About 10 letters) Her teacher was VERY impressed and said that she was pretty fluent in many skills that most kids don't learn until Kindergarten. Her social skills have also bloomed in the last 3-4 months and she is becoming more vocal with other kids and her teachers. Ms. Laurie says that at circle time if she asks any of the kids if they have questions or anything to say, lately Katie ALWAYS has something to add. :) Hmm....maybe that should scare me a little now that I think about it....



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will is saying "Whoa, dude, you are one big cat, they aren't that size back at the farm"

J

Anonymous said...

I just knew Katie would have good report at school. Wonder where she gets her smarts? Ta Dah, Grand-ma of course. lol. I forgot to warn Will that the Easter Bunny was coming up. Hahaha. Then he would have known that this guy is suppose to give me SOMETHING!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

ok, mom we all know you are smart and I guess it is true,
I laughed so hard at Will looking at the Easter Bunny, I wish I could have seen that in person, Katie yes she is a ham when it comes to the camera, and tell her for me that she is doing very well in school, and Jordan, Justin, Jeff and I are all so proud of her.
hope to see you guys soon,
feeling better finally, had pneumonia, and that is why I did not see you this weekend,
love always,
janet

Anonymous said...

um, i have something to add about grandma's comment...i don't think she gets her smarts from you...it's from ME! duh...and you know what lol is? wow...how times have changed...
love always,
sarah