Sunday, April 3, 2011

Climbing walls

Sorry - I haven't been posting....been too busy staring at the Decorah Eagles along with 160,000 other people across the country.  Check back to this post if you're unsure what I'm talking about.  For the record, I was watching these eagles when there was only about 2,000 others interested. :)  They are really exciting now that there are 2 babies to watch.

This week was Katie's spring break and we decided to climb the walls...literally.  Friday night we went to REI and tried out their climbing walls.  Katie, John and I all took turns and are excited to trying it again in the future. 

Katie was eager to get climbing and didn't hesitate at all! 

She got pretty high...then seemed to get stuck, wanted to come down (that's the fun part). 

I made it up less than halfway...seemed to get stuck too.  But it was sure high enough for me! 

Should we take bets on how high John goes? 

Of course, he made it all the way to the top.

Katie and I decided that, next time, John should carry us on his back so that we can get to the top too. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you and Katie sure got higher than I would have, two feet off the ground is high enough for me, good for you guys, and of course John made it to the top, I could not have even watched that, wow good for all of you.....

Janet

Anonymous said...

oh yes and the Eagles are amazing, I love watching mom and dad taking turns, thanks for getting me addicted to this... love it...

Janet