Monday, April 11, 2011

Garage Sale

I participated in the town's 2nd Annual Indoor Garage Sale over the weekend.  It was 4 hours on Sunday, with 2 hours to set up Saturday night.  I didn't spend too much time preparing for it - mainly because everything was still in boxes and priced from LAST year's sale. :)  So I only had to worry about the clothes the kid's had recently outgrown, and since Katie didn't grow mush this past year I think I only took 6 things out of her drawers.  Will had more, but still only about 20 pieces. 

I counted my cash last night and figured I was $40 ahead.  Not as much as last year's $130 take, but still a fun way for me to spend a few hours.  And I DO like the whole garage sale "thing" - I like buying, I like selling, I just like it.  So even $40 is good for me.  Why was last year so good?  Well, I had some "hot" baby items that went fast...this year was 90% clothes, priced at $.25 each mostly. :)

All in all, I took 14 boxes of "stuff".....and I came home with 6 empty boxes. 

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh and after I go through all the work of a sale, and make a whopping $40.....John wins the golf pool at work and walks away with more $ by doing nothing! :P