Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weddings really ARE for other people

I remember when I was planning our wedding, people told me "Remember, the party is really for everyone else, not you."  I thought - What?!  Of course it's for John and I....nope - it's for everyone else.  Here's why - I'm a mom of two who's been married for over 8 years, and am planning on attending a wedding/reception/dance in 2 weeks with NO kids to drag along.  Oh, and we're staying over night in a hotel....again, with NO kids. 

I think I'm more excited than the bride and groom. 

I get to buy a new dress, maybe new shoes, get a haircut, relax with friends (who are also leaving their kids at home!!)  It's been 18 months since John and I spent a night away from the kids....but who's counting. 

I'm heading to the mall today to look for a dress...I have created one in my mind that would be perfect, so of course I can't find anything that looks even remotely like it.  Oh, I take that back...I did find an Oscar de la Renta number that looked like the "mind dress", but it was $1,999.  I'm not THAT excited.