Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today I am sending out birthday wishes to my dad.  I hope you get to do whatever you want today!  It's probably too early to mow the lawn....so maybe that leaves a trip to the nearby gambling boat. :)  If that's on the schedule - good luck!

John has memories of his dad taking him into town (they lived in the country) and treating him to a pop.  I have the same memories with my dad too.  Sometimes if I ran errands with him we'd stop off and I'd get to have a pop...in a glass....with ice...and a teeny straw.....and usually a candy bar or chips of some sort while I twirl and spin around on the wobbly circle bar stool.  I guess that's a "dad" thing - unexpected treats like that.  It's the same thing in our house - if the kids want candy or a treat they know that their odds are best if they hit up John first. :)

So happy birthday dad!  I wish we could go share a pop today, but maybe we can make time to do that in a few weeks.  Either that, or I'll help you mow the lawn. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??? You help mow the lawn??? Well maybe now, but not so much then :) I think I remember an earlier post where you admitted to having never mowed the lawn......just saying :)

Nice pic too by the way!

Denise

Anonymous said...

I tried calling Dad today to wish him a Happy Birthday but no answer maybe they did go to the boat.....
and yes I did alot of the lawn mowing back then, even for other people, lol Deb you were to sweet to sweat I guess...hahahaha. and yes nice pic...

Janet

Deb said...

Ok, ok, ok. I would much rather go have a pop than mow the lawn. And yes, until a few years ago I had never touched a lawnmower. :)

In fact, their house has been in the family for, what - 40 years? and yes, the first time I pushed a lawnmower there was last summer. :)