Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Party ideas

John's birthday present was Rocky Rococo pizza and breadsticks.  It wasn't much, but seemed to hit the spot.  It had been a while since he's gotten to enjoy their pizza because it's such a long drive for us to get some.  (It's about 35 minutes away.)
The kids did help decorate with balloons, signs and streamers.  And we also had ice cream with sprinkles and cherries. 

Now I guess it's on the next set of birthdays in the house - the kids.  Katie's is coming up in June, and while that seems like it's far away - we have to start getting ideas of what we (she) would like to do for it.  We had thought about renting out a place nearby called the "Outdoor Center".  They put on an animal program for up to 10 kids, lead a nature walk, and you can bring in your own food/cake.  Now, Katie thinks she wants to have to the party here at home.  Even better!  But....what do I do to entertain 5-6 seven year old girls for 2 hours.  (Honestly, probably very little.)

In the past we've done water balloons, colored flower pots, made bookmarks, and doorhangers.  This year I was casually looking for ideas online when I ran across this site that helps you put together a treasure hunt throughout your house and yard.  The kids have to find clues, keys, solve coded messages all to lead them to a locked treasure box filled with goodies.  I can use this as a guide and create my own, or pay them $15 and they'll make it for me, tell me where to hide stuff and give me all the stuff to print out.  I think it's a pretty reasonable investment considering I would spend more on a getting a craft for the girls to do.  It'll be my own little Amazing Race....and I think I'll add some funny tasks they have to do along the way. 

So far it's looking like an all-girl party.  I think there are 5-7 girls on the invite list.  Out first friend-birthday party we had 2 out of 5 show up....last year we were 3 for 3....this year, I may just have 8 girls screaming through the house.  But it's only for 2 hours. :)

And hey - I can make copies of everything and save it for Will's 7th birthday that'll come soon enough....or better yet, I've got John's 42nd birthday party planned too.  :)

No comments: