Thursday, October 23, 2008

Falling Leaves

Today I knew was going to be one of the last 'nice' days for a while so I wanted to make sure we got outside to tackle some of those leaves that have managed to coat our front yard. (Of course they are in the backyard too, but lets' be realistic here....I'll be happy to get the front done.) We got Will down for a nap, and Katie took a 20 minute rest while I got started. I had about half the yard raked when I went to go get Katie. She was in leave heaven! At the townhome, the grounds crew always sucked all the leaves up and away before we ever got a chance to play in them. I was able to get 4 bags filled...and still have a heap of a pile in the front yard. Oh yeah, did I mention that 2 of our big trees haven't even started losing their leaves yet?





Bonus - I just noticed in the newspaper that tomorrow is a free recycle program in Chaska...bring in your bags of leaves for free disposal. We'll have to work that in.

Tomorrow Katie goes on a field trip with her class to the Eden Prairie Fire Station. No bus this time - they just have to walk across the parking lot. Obviously, she isn't that excited.
After a quick lunch we are going to try to take advantage of the local library's book sale. It's such an easy way to stock up on some $.10 books for possible stocking stuffers at Christmas time, birthdays, rainy days, etc.

And luckily Saturday is going to be a nice day - Katie has her fist basketball practice/game that morning. After lunch her preschool is having their annual fall harvest party full of games, crafts, snacks, music, etc. And as if that wasn't enough activity for a day we have decided to go to the Chanhassen Halloween party after supper. Believe me...there will be pictures later.
Sunday is going to be our pumpkin carving day. We were going to go to a party at gym class...but with the time change it's going to be....well....let's just get used to one thing at a time.

4 comments:

Drew Kluesner said...

Looks like fun... Tell Katie (Will too) Alicia says hi.

Anonymous said...

Just to tip you off, the time doesn't change until the next Sunday, Nov 1st. So you have a repreve. lol
Katie does look like she's having fun Love Mom

Deb said...

ARRRGHH! I kinda thought so. I seriously just had to look it up online because I have had 2 people in the last week tell me it was this weekend! Geez...and I think I've told like 3-4 people that it was this weekend. Ooops....thanks for the info. :)

Anonymous said...

ooo! ooo! leaves! katie! fun!

wish i was there

gracie