Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sunny Wednesday

So Katie is at school this morning and Will is taking a nap. That was my plan for my 2 hour window of time today. I had hoped to begin my workout regime today, but alas I wasted my time washing dishes, folding clothes, putting away clothes, making beds, and typing a blog entry. I have a workout tape from the mid 80's - the original "Buns of Steel." If nothing else, it's good for a laugh. But it's also filled with simple exercises that make you feel the burn. A while ago Katie and I had discussed the picture that was on the tape cover. It's an odd looking picture of someone's rear, intending to look good, but really doesn't - looks mis-shaped. Anyway Katie claimed that she didn't want her bottom to look like that. I agreed, I wouldn't either. But I still think I should do something. Since I have been nursing Will I honestly could eat anything I wanted and still manage to see the numbers falling on the scale. It was a great feeling. I had no muscle tone, but still... :) Now that Will is growing into toddler-hood and cutting back on how much he needs from me, I don't really see the numbers going in the right direction, and am feeling just ho-hum in general. Time for some scheduled activity.

Katie has a new favorite song thanks to John. :) I guess they sang it at bedtime last night, and this morning she made him go down to the basement to try to find it on CD. He didn't find it so she ended up singing along to a You Tube recording of it. Of course it's that children's classic, "Squeeze box" by The Who. I'm sure that was the next song they were going to teach at preschool anyway. :)

No comments: