Saturday, October 25, 2008

One thing after another

Today was one of those days where it seems everything got scheduled together. This morning we had Katie's first basketball practice and game. I must say it was pretty entertaining. There are 4 teams of 6-7 kids ages 4-5 years old. They take turns scrimmaging each other on Saturday mornings. Katie is the only girl. :) And I must say she gave it all she had. Were there tears? Of course - she shot the ball and it came back down and bonked her on the head. :( But two other little boys on her team had shed tears already, so it was no big deal.

Here is Katie standing in line waiting for her turn to do some dribbling and shooting drills.

Katie dribbling up court during their "game." Initially, she was dribbling the wrong direction...well, they all were, but soon got it figured out. It was really funny when the other team's coach would shout something out...they would ALL do it. Like for the defense "Hands up!!" shouts the other coach...BOOM, up shoots 18 little hands. Or all the kids yelling "I'm open! I'm open!" Even if they're on the other team. :)

She really did a great job and wants to go it again next weekend...good, we have 6 weeks left! John is even going to help coach for a few sessions too. :)
After lunch we had to make an appearance at Katie's fall family party. The theme this year was Harvest Hoedown. Katie and Will both got some sticker tattoos, got to play in the gym, have a snack and listen to some stories. Katie got to make a, well, something...we're still figuring out what it is. It's a piece of cloth with assorted leaves, pipe cleaners, string, stickers and ribbon glued on it.



Then we headed home for a nap and supper. After a quick bite to eat, Katie and I went to Chanhassen's Halloween party. We opted to leave Will home with Dad because I wasn't sure how crowded it would be. I'm glad I did cuz I would have had to hold him for a LONG time. Next year, Will, next year...


Oh yeah, and somewhere in all this, John managed to mow the lawn, bag up more leaves and discover that "our" grey cat that visited us before is still hangin' around. She came right up to him and wanted some attention.

1 comment:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Will looks like he is king of the universe in that one picture ... I shall conquer you little school gym! :)

I'm so glad you guys had a good weekend! I was in the Cities on Friday, but it was a whirlwind trip. The good news? I might be coming up more - so I'll probably see you sooner rather than later. :)

SK