Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Busy weekend

We had nice busy weekend to finish out the month of September. John's mom visited us for a few days, and the kids had some quality grandma time. :) Saturday we all went to the MN Landscape Arboretum. It was not too crowded for a Saturday, and we had a great lunch and a nice walk looking at all the flowers. Will's favorite was probably the fountains scattered throughout the grounds. Katie's favorite was probably the fall pumpkin decorations. On Sunday we let John have some uninterrupted football time while the rest of us went to the local library for an hour or so. We love visitors and it was great to have Grandma Mary here for 4 days. Katie, of course, was sad when it was time to say good-bye, but she understood that Uncle Jim probably missed his mommy too - so she had to go make sure he was ok. :)

On a different note - wow I can't believe it's October 1st already!! Where the heck did last month go? As I turned over the calendar this morning it hit me that today is our friend Karlie's 3rd birthday!!! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLIE! (Daughter of Laurel and Casey Hagensick) Katie is planning on making a card this afternoon - so hopefully we'll get it mailed so it isn't TOO late.

This is a short school week for Katie. She doesn't have school on Friday due to teacher conferences. I think we'll try to get to an apple orchard before it gets too cold. We have one nearby that offers free wagon rides and a petting zoo. I think I can brave the cold for that. :) (Yes, I think 55 degrees and below is cold.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 55 is WAY too cold! We also wish Ms. Karlie a very happy birthday :) Let Katie know that I'm sure Jim survived without his mommy, but is probably glad to have her back, but it was very nice of him to share her with Katie and Will :) Sarah and I want to try to get up to the cities again before it snows so you may have more company again soon :)

Denise

Anonymous said...

Well... I appreciate the concern, but really- it's only fair that John have some quality time with Mother as well. :)

Jim